Re: WDCTL_RST failed for drive 0 / wd0: IDENTIFY failed (SATA autodetection issue after installation)

A small addendum: disabling the Intel Platform Trust technology in the BIOS did not help me (had read this in another post of the linked thread).

However, by plugging in additional USB devices (a mouse) I apparently caused the necessary delay, which the disk would have needed in the first case to execute the WDCTL_RST without errors. This "workaround" is a shaky one though, an extremely close call. I don't even want to think about what I would do to a production server if this happened to me on a reboot.

Kind regards
Matthias