Re: error upgrading packages on current / pkg database

Mike Pumford <mpumford%mudcovered.org.uk@localhost> writes:

> On 15/04/2022 17:19, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I did a full system upgrade (running now ) and then got current pkgsrc.
>>
>> Now I try to run pkg_rolling-replace -uv ; it compiled for days, then stops.
>>
>> disc# pkg_admin check
>> ...................................pkg_admin: can't open
>> /usr/pkg/pkgdb/glib2-2.70.2nb1/+CONTENTS: No such file or directory
>>
> Hmm. Thats interesting. I've seen that happen on one of my 9.2-STABLE
> systems when doing a pkgin upgrade. Although in my case it was librsvg
> that got clobbered.
>
> Instead of the correct pkgdb data the folder existed but contained a
> random core file. The core file wasn't from any pkg tool.
> I ended up with:
> /usr/pkg/pkgdb/librsvg-2.52.6/gdk-pixbuf-query.core
>
> Which isn't even a tool I use its just something pulled in as a
> dependendency.

Interesting data point.

I should have said as 2A: when you find a directory with broken
contents, just rm -rf it, and that will get rid of the record of
installation without removing the files.  Then "pkg_add glib2" and
perhaps "pkg_admin set automatic=yes glib2" if you want it that way, and
then rerun check and rebuild-tree

> you have it around so you can extract them into the folder and then
> use pkg_admin to put things back together. That's what I did to sort
> myself out :)
>
> Something like:
>
> tar zxf glib-2.70.2nb1.tgz +*

That can work too, but either way all the cross-package data linkage may
not be quite rie
ght.