Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 13:58:59 +0100
From: Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost>
To: 6bone%6bone.informatik.uni-leipzig.de@localhost
Cc: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost>, current-users%netbsd.org@localhost
Subject: [Extern] Re: Re: Bug or no Bug?

The kernel lock is held too long while the graphics card is configured.
I have seen that with some Nvidia cards, where I just have not been able
to boot LOCKDEBUG kernels (example in PR 55185).

You can patch out the kernel lock spinout code (so the kernel does
not limit the KERNEL_LOCK() spin time and you then can investigate
other locking issues). Maybe we should offer an official option to do
that?

Martin
P.S.: only guessing it is the graphics card, something(tm) is taking very
long while holding the kernel lock, anything called during autoconfiguration
could do that - but also a few other things.