Re: Disappearing mouse buttons

Michael <macallan%netbsd.org@localhost> writes:

> Does it still work as expected with an older -current?

Yup.  It still works the way it used to when I plug it into my Pinebook,
that still runs a -current from early September, and likewise with my
Linux laptop.  The dmesg output from the Pinebook is identical: it says
"5 buttons and Z dir" there, too, but there, the four actual buttons
generate (according to xev) buttons 1, 2, 3, and 8, and the scroll wheel
4 and 5.  So the difference between the September -current and a fresh
one is that the fourth button now generates button 4 events instead of
8.  No change after it's been observed to work as expected on Linux and
on slightly older NetBSD; it's still button 4 when plugged back into the
workstation with amd64-current on it.  (And the change, there, occurred
exactly when I upgraded it from that September 9th version, with nothing
else changed.)

-tih
--
Most people who graduate with CS degrees don't understand the significance
of Lisp.  Lisp is the most important idea in computer science.  --Alan Kay