Re: xterm-color256: Different behavior between NetBSD 9.2 and 9.99.93?

Hi!

I wasn't aware of this, but I see this too (I'm usually using
screen-256colors, which is still working fine).

On Thu, Feb 03, 2022 at 07:36:50AM +1030, Brett Lymn wrote:
> What does:
>
> infocmp | grep colors

$ export TERM=xterm-256color
$ infocmp| grep colors
xterm-256color|xterm with 256 colors,
	colors#8, cols#80, it#8, lines#24, pairs#64,

> say?  Perhaps the capability is missing from the terminfo?  I don't
> think anything else could affect this, tput just reads the terminfo for
> the terminal.  I have NetBSD sources from around the end of November
> last year and I get 256 colours when I try the tput command.
>
> Also, are you sure you are using the system terminfo?  If you run the
> infocmp command without the grep then the first line you will see is a
> comment that tells you what terminfo database was read to reconstruct
> the entry, the system one is in /usr/share/misc, if you get anything
> else you may need to correct the rogue terminfo database.

$ infocmp
# Reconstructed from /usr/share/misc/terminfo.cdb
xterm-256color|xterm with 256 colors,
 Thomas