Re: xterm-color256: Different behavior between NetBSD 9.2 and 9.99.93?

On Wed, Feb 02, 2022 at 02:46:55PM +0100, Matthias Petermann wrote:

> Were there changes here that require a different type of configuration, or
> is this a bug?

What does:

infocmp | grep colors

say?  Perhaps the capability is missing from the terminfo?  I don't
think anything else could affect this, tput just reads the terminfo for
the terminal.  I have NetBSD sources from around the end of November
last year and I get 256 colours when I try the tput command.

Also, are you sure you are using the system terminfo?  If you run the
infocmp command without the grep then the first line you will see is a
comment that tells you what terminfo database was read to reconstruct
the entry, the system one is in /usr/share/misc, if you get anything
else you may need to correct the rogue terminfo database.

--
Brett Lymn
--

"We are were wolves",