Re: Heads up: objdir is now rm -rf resistent

On Wed, 15 Dec 2021, Greg Troxel wrote:

Andreas Gustafsson <gson%gson.org@localhost> writes:

maya%NetBSD.org@localhost wrote:
I hope fixing this is enough to fix all the cryptic issues.

The build is now fixed, but I still need to give the testbeds the
ability to automatically remove objdirs containing non-writable
directories, because otherwise they will get stuck whenever they
decide to build a historic version from the affected time range.

This is also going to be an ongoing pitfall for anyone building
historic versions, for example when bisecting.

I wonder if "rm -rf" should actually succeed with these modes, by doing
a chmod when necessary.  It has always seem to me that -f is supposed to
really mean -f.  But maybe POSIX says otherwise.

It actually does try a chmod in the build, but that also fails
with EPERM!

(Sorry if someone has already pointed this out; I'm a bit behind
in my reading.)

| Paul Goyette       | PGP Key fingerprint:     | E-mail addresses:    |
| (Retired)          | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul%whooppee.com@localhost    |
| Software Developer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette%netbsd.org@localhost  |
| & Network Engineer |                          | pgoyette99%gmail.com@localhost |