Re: Automated report: NetBSD-current/i386 build failure

On Sun, Jul 25, 2021 at 11:51:57PM +0000, Thomas Mueller wrote:
> Or should I try with hg?  I have devel/mercurial built and installed.
>
> Now to find a tutorial for Mercurial for git users: There was one, but I can no longer find it.

There's a related resource which isn't a tutorial per se, but... hg
has some basic help built in to it for seasoned git users.  This is
probably also covered in that tutorial you're talking about, but
where the tutorial is--I don't remember either.

The git help has to be enabled in an hgrc file[*] before it can be
accessed, e.g.:

    # mkdir -p /etc/mercurial/hgrc.d
    # echo '[extensions]' > /etc/mercurial/hgrc.d/githelp.rc
    # echo 'githelp='    >> /etc/mercurial/hgrc.d/githelp.rc

Then you can inquire how a particular git operation might be
invoked for one of your hg repos instead.  For one of mine:

    # cd <repo working dir>
    # hg githelp init
    hg init
    # hg githelp fetch
    hg pull
    # hg githelp pull
    hg pull --rebase
    # hg githelp status
    hg status

I don't know enough to vouch for how conservative the githelp
recommendations are, though; so, extra caution (supplemental
backups; only working on clones/test-copies of your repos; etc)
with any trial-and-error stuff you want to do might be a good
idea--at least until you've gotten the hang of it, or gotten more
info from the experts.

Best, -Dave

[*] for more info on that: "hg help extensions"