Re: Automated report: NetBSD-current/i386 build failure

On Mon, Jul 19, 2021 at 01:28:06AM +0000, David Holland wrote:
 > that is... less than helpful :-(
 >
 > it looks like CVS randomly didn't commit some of my changes,
 > investigating...

Yeah, not sure what happened; something caused it to, apparently,
think a few of the files in the second changeset still had the
original checkout timestamps. This makes it completely blind to any
changes in them (even if you run cvs diff explicitly) until you touch
the files.

Not sure how this happened. The affected files were all ones also
committed in the first changeset, which is probably not an accident,
but it wasn't all those files, just an arbitrary subset of them.
Doesn't make much sense.

High time we moved away from CVS.

Anyway, I am pretty sure I've found all the offending files and
committed them for real. If anything's still bust, holler...

On Mon, Jul 19, 2021 at 10:32:20AM +0900, Rin Okuyama wrote:
 > Logs below are usually more helpful.

Right... I wonder what happened to bracket's error-matching script; it
usually does better than that.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost