Re: vether vs. tap, initialization order, etc

On Sat, 24 Apr 2021 at 20:11, Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 24, 2021 at 03:19:16PM +0000, nia wrote:
> > Thank you! This works great, I'll make note of it in the NetBSD Guide's section
> > on networking.
>
> Another option (as rjs hinted) is to only have a vether0.ifconfig (I did
> that with bridge0.ifconfig for other setups) and use ! lines to do the
> required other ifconfig commands for various interfaces all in there.
>
> Keeps the whole bridge config in one place and is (IMHO) a bit clearer to
> read.

That's what I thought better, as it doesn't depend on anything else.
My ifconfig.bridge0 is

create
!ifconfig tap0 create up description "LxMint"
!ifconfig tap1 create up description "MXLinux"
!ifconfig tap2 create up description "FreeBSD12"
!ifconfig tap3 create up description "NBSDc"
!ifconfig tap4 create up description "OpenBSD"
!ifconfig tap5 create up description "Windows10"
!brconfig $int add wm0
!brconfig $int add tap0
!brconfig $int add tap1
!brconfig $int add tap2
!brconfig $int add tap3
!brconfig $int add tap4
!brconfig $int add tap5
up

(for use by a bunch of qemu-nvmm guests).

--
----