Re: How to determine if graphics is supported by radeondrm?

HI all,

On 18/03/21 10:03 am, Rhialto wrote:
For example, if I look at an "AMD Ryzen 3" cpu, which supposedly has
integrated graphics "AMD Radeon Vega 8, integrated GPU". Grepping -i for
"Vega" in src/sys/external/bsd/drm2/dist/drm yields no results; I take
it this is a bad sign?

I booted a live image of 9.1 that I found on my Ryzen 3 laptop and it ends up running the Vesa driver with the "llvmpipe" OpenGL renderer. The Xorg log file shows that X thought about the AMD driver, but ended up using the VESA one. The log shows a long list of AMD GPU models, which looks like Xorg's way of saying that it doesn't know what model of AMD GPU I have.

Linux says the laptop has "AMD Ryzen 3 3300U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx" and Google tells me this is a Picasso/Radeon Vega 6.

I found the file amdgpu_device.c with the amdgpu_asic_name definition at the top. NetBSD has many, many entries missing from this list. :-(

I also tried my Intel based laptop, but I only had an MBR image and HP seemed to have removed the old BIOS boot option in their newer firmware so I couldn't even boot the image.

Lloyd