Re: bluetooth ubt0

On Tue, Mar 16, 2021 at 07:33:14AM +0000, Iain Hibbert wrote:
> > I wish someone could implement newer Intel ubt support.
>
> Hm I can look into it - is it possible to buy one of these intel adapters
> which is USB or do they only come built in to laptops etc?

This one is built-in. (A dongle is already in the post.) I'm happy to
test anything...

In the meantime, the work around of boot into windows (from your
analysis to load the firmware), and restart into NetBSD got me
working bluetooth(!). As this is my first foray, back to some basic
questions which after perusal of chapter 21 of the guide I'm still
in the dark about.

Overall, I'm trying to update the firmware of a bluetooth label printer.
Alledgedly this will move the print head away from the label to stop
it jamming. really? The instructions are to upload the file using
"serial bluetooth terminal" from android selecting protocol "raw".

I see:

  2: bdaddr 00:07:80:ac:19:4f
   : name "Pro 02105  "
   : class [0x040680] Printer <Rendering>
   : page scan rep mode 0x01
   : clock offset 17621
   : rssi 0

# sdpquery -d ubt0 -a 00:07:80:ac:19:4f Browse
ServiceRecordHandle: 0x00010000
ServiceClassIDList:
    Serial Port
ProtocolDescriptorList:
    L2CAP
    RFCOMM (channel 1)
BrowseGroupList:
    Public Browse Root
LanguageBaseAttributeIDList:
    en.UTF-8 base 0x0100
ServiceName: "Bluetooth Serial Port"

so it is looking promising given the SP, but what next?

I tried

# cat /etc/bluetooth/hosts
00:07:80:ac:19:4f       printer
# btpin -d ubt0 -a printer -p 0000
# rfcomm_sppd -d ubt0 -a printer -t /dev/ttyp1
rfcomm_sppd: Cannot open `/dev/ptyp1': No such file or directory
# rfcomm_sppd -d ubt0 -a printer -t /dev/pts/5
rfcomm_sppd: Cannot open `/dev/pts/p': No such file or directory
# rfcomm_sppd -d ubt0 -a printer
rfcomm_sppd: SP: Host is down

Cheers,

Patrick