Re: pkgsrc build hang of python38

On 28/02/21 9:50 am, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
python38 hangs during build. I tried several times, it hangs in exactly the same place again. I don't know of course where the issue comes from, since all is new now :)

Do you have any console messages? Maybe messages about blocking the python process because of not enough entropy?

That's a problem I encountered when I was building Python on current. If you are working on the console, then it's all obvious, but if you aren't on the console then it's all mysterious.

If that is your problem, then generate some entropy with something like "ls -lR /" and then run

	dd if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/random bs=32 count=1
	sysctl -w kern.entropy.consolidate=1

See https://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2020/05/01/msg038495.html for all the details.

Cheers,
Lloyd