Re: Routing socket issue?

On Sat, 30 Jan 2021, Roy Marples wrote:

On 30/01/2021 18:27, Paul Goyette wrote:
On Sat, 30 Jan 2021, Roy Marples wrote:

On 30/01/2021 15:12, Paul Goyette wrote:
I thought we took care of the buffer-space issue a long time ago, but
today I've gotten about a dozen of these:

Jan 30 05:20:11 speedy ntpd[3146]: routing socket reports: No buffer
space available

I recently adding a patch to enable the diagnostic AND take action on it.
We can change the upstream default from LOG_ERR to LOG_DEBUG or maybe their custom DPRINTF though if you think that would help reduce the noise.

Not concerned about noise, just wanted to make sure we didn't have a
regression slip by.  As long as the message is deliberate, I'm not too
worried.

Well, currently other apps such as dhcpcd still log an error when the routing socket overflows but a more helpful message.

I think we can just change it to:
  routing socket overflowed - will update interfaces

Happy with that?

Sure.

To alleviate the issue we could also stop ntpd from listening to routing changes has that has no bearing on how it discovers interfaces and addresses as far as i can tell.
Frank ok with that?

Roy

!DSPAM:6015c335157686319899926!

| Paul Goyette       | PGP Key fingerprint:     | E-mail addresses:     |
| (Retired)          | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul%whooppee.com@localhost     |
| Software Developer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette%netbsd.org@localhost   |