Re: CVS Problem (again) ,Slightly lesser old code, but old still [was Re: Console problem ,older code]

On Thu, 19 Nov 2020 11:14:45 +0100
Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 01:59:28AM -0800, Germain Le Chapelain wrote:
> > But I wonder if:
> >
> > 1) I should use netbsd-9
> > 2) Atheros works reliably,
>
> Both work very well for me, but: there are lots of atheros chip variants,
> and bugs often are only triggered by certain wlan AP actions (so I may be
> lucky).
>
> Martin

Thank you Martin!

I will definitely have another look w/ TCP dump after all that.
Then, to whichever debugs of atheros: because it says in the manpage that `device timeouts ain't supposed to happen' I think.

I don't think ssh keep alive comes into play here as it wouldn't be more than a couple seconds stall before disconnecting (if there is a stall at all actually.)

Oh! And I forgot to mention, to your earlier point about the hard-drive:
The computer had a lot of problems while running on Windows:

Weird `semi-stalls' when watching youtube:
The computer would come to a crawl , the video would freeze and the sound would be slown-down by 10 (and be extremely shoppy: like hearing a 10Hz rendition of the original play back slown down.)

Anyways, it would only make sense for the hardware to act up similarly.
In fact one of the goal for landing BSD on it was to get a better insight of what could be wrong inside, or if it was only software-related.

Thank you again!

Kindest regards,

--
Germain Le Chapelain <germain.lechapelain%lanvaux.fr@localhost>