re: benchmark results on ryzen 3950x with netbsd-9, -current, and -current (no DIAGNOSTIC)

> On Sat, Nov 07, 2020 at 06:12:34PM +1100, matthew green wrote:
> > this is an update on my previous testing.  i've excluded
> > amd64 release builds from this set, takes too long ;)
>
> Indeed remarkable! I assume you build the same source tree on the various
> versions? Did you use the benchmarking stuff that was done on the SoC or did
> you do it `manually' ;)

these were all from october 23 netbsd-9 tree.  the userland
was a netbsd-9 tree from the same time, with various kernels
running on that.  i'm pretty sure that the only real
difference is in the running kernel.

it was manual in that i wrote some scripts to collect various
timings, or snippets at the shell prompt and re-pasted at it.

i need a better harness. :-)

.mrg.