Re: diskless sparc locks up under memory pressure

On Sat, Nov 07, 2020 at 06:33:26PM +0300, Valery Ushakov wrote:
> I've upgraded my Krups (64MB RAM, diskless) to 9.99.75 as of Nov 6 and
> the machine is locking up at boot time in rc.d/fccache.  If I disable
> fccache in rc.conf it boots but then eventually locks up when
> makemandb is run.  The machine doesn't respond to pings, etc, but can
> enter ddb.  In all cases the ddb stacktrace goes through:

> uvm_fault_internal
> mem_access_fault4m
> memfault_sun4m
> copyout
>
> with the top part of the stack trace varying.

I reported something similar with amd64 back in May:

https://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2020/05/02/msg038498.html

If I get a chance, I'll re-test that and see if it still locks up.

--
Paul Ripke
"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds