Re: Failure to build gobject-introspection

Hi Maya!

maya%NetBSD.org@localhost wrote:
distutils.errors.CompileError: command 'cpp' terminated by signal 11
Usually any GCC crashes on widely used architectures are running out of
RAM.
See  `dmesg |tail` to see some messages related to out-of-RAM GCC
components killed.

dmesg does not report anything suspect since boot.. and I did try to rerun the build twice, so I should see two crashes. The laptop has 4GB of ram and the same swap.... this even is enough to build geck and more or less rust... what's with gobject?

any better ideas? :-)

true is that we have now changed GCC in base now.. and 8.4.0 is giving me other issues...

Riccardo