Re: sdmmc_mem_enable failed with error 60

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 03:48:03PM +0000, Patrick Welche wrote:
> Last time I played with my raspberry pi zero w, I couldn't see the network
> card and saw
>
>   sdmmc_mem_enable failed with error 60
>
> Now I'm seeing the same thing on a new amd64 laptop trying to use
> another new 32GB microsd card. I opened kern/54959 in the rpi0w
> case.
>
> The laptop has a
>
> rtsx0 at pci6 dev 0 function 0: Realtek Semiconductor RTS525A PCI-E Card Reader (rev. 0x01)
> rtsx0: interrupting at msi2 vec 0
> sdmmc0 at rtsx0

Apparently the rtsx0 is blameless, and it is a timecounter issue. The laptop
in question suffers in the same way as

  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-amd64/2020/02/11/msg003150.html

with xclock displaying a time elapsing at about a quarter of the speed
of my wrist watch. To have the correct display time, I switched to hpet0.

Having seen TSC related commits, I tried TSC again, and noticed that
I could read/write SD cards again, and irritating pckb command timeouts
stopped happening. This laptop seems stable apart from the incorrect
time.

As per is@'s laptop, it is also an 8th gen intel:

cpu0: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8665U CPU @ 1.90GHz"
cpu0: Intel 7th or 8th gen Core (Kaby Lake, Coffee Lake) or Xeon E (Coffee Lake) (686-class), 8834.52 MHz
cpu0: family 0x6 model 0x8e stepping 0xc (id 0x806ec)

(TSC is meant to be constant...)

Cheers,

Patrick