Re: Two finger scrolling

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 12:17:23PM +1030, Brett Lymn wrote:
> OK, IIRC whether or not you get the click pad button emulation depends
> on how the device reports itself - they are only there for one-button
> click pads.

pms0: Extended W mode, Passthrough, Up/down buttons, Palm detect, One button click pad, Multi-finger Report, Multi-finger

> My main concern here is that you have converted all multi-touch into a
> scroll event.

I probably did, but I can't test other multitouch events :/

> What W values were you getting when testing the two finger scroll?  Do
> you have a copy of the "Synaptics PS/2 TouchPad Interfacting Guide, PN:
> 511-000275-01 Rev. B"?  I haven't located a later document but this one
> does describe the various modes and what W means in those modes because,
> unfortunately, it is overloaded depending on the mode the device is in.
> I can send you a pdf of the document off list if you don't already have
> a copy.

I recall finger_scroll-min=7 generating wrong scroll events, and
finger_scroll-min=8 generating no events.

I'd really appreciate the PDF.

> Is it an actual synaptics touchpad on the end of I2C?  I vaguely recall
> that there is an ability to connect via I2C but I may be
> mis-remembering.

It's likely. Unfortunately this pad also needs fixing, the button is
physically disconnected...