Re: Weird qemu-nvmm problem

On Mon, 9 Mar 2020 at 19:52, Yorick Hardy <yorickhardy%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> Dear Chavdar,
>
> On 2020-03-08, Chavdar Ivanov wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On a -current (from today, but has happened before), when running a
> > particular nvmm guest (32-bit Windows 10), usually when it is busy
> > going through some updates, the host gets into a weird state. I have
> > an ssh connection to it with several tmux panes open; I can switch
> > between them, so the connection to the host is still ok, but in the
> > same time the host does not answer to pings anymore; none of the tmux
> > panes themselves accepts any input, with the exception of the one I am
> > running the qemu client in; I can interrupt it and after that the host
> > comes into normal state. When this happens, I get
> >
> > [  7444.602404] coretemp3: workqueue busy: updates stopped
> > [  7474.614306] coretemp0: workqueue busy: updates stopped
> > [  7474.614306] coretemp1: workqueue busy: updates stopped
> > [  7474.614306] coretemp2: workqueue busy: updates stopped
> > [ 23591.005414] acpitz4: workqueue busy: updates stopped
> > [ 23591.005414] acpibat1: workqueue busy: updates stopped
> >
> > The machine is not doing anything else at the moment, the temperatures
> > are within the expected range.
> >
> > Any clues?
> >
> > Chavdar
>
> Unfortunately, "me too". But I did not manage to see the logs or
> track down the change which caused this behaviour (sorry).

At least I can see it is not something specific to my host and installation.

> I had panics for a while (in January?) when using nvmm, and once
> that was fixed the "stalling" behaviour started.

BTW, the hangs happen with my Windows guests; I tried today a couple
of Linux ones, they ran without a problem.

I just tried also an OmniOS guest; this one used to work fine on the
29th of February, when I booted and updated itl today it did not
complete the boot at all and I had to restart the host as it was
unresponsive.

> --
> Kind regards,
>
> Yorick Hardy