Re: userland build failure in libgomp

Hi,

Robert Swindells wrote:
could it be that the combination
MKLLVM = no
HAVE_LLVM=no
MKLLVMRT = no

is not supported?
You could test this by building without those options, you should get a
gcc toolchain.

I use MKLLVMRT=no for several architectures and did a full build a
couple of days ago.

I removed HAVE_LLVM, I reduced back to

MKLLVM = no
MKLLVMRT = no

(please note the lower case, it appears to be case sensitive)

And with an update from CVS... I was able to build "everything". tools, kernel, userland with X, install and reboot and at a first glance it works Now.. stressing the machine with a fine "pkg" upgrade of all packages. So green light.

You also shouldn't need to build the tools as a separate step, just do a
clean build of the distribution target. Delete the old tools first

Oh, didn't know that. Usually I do build tools, then the kernel, then userland and I want the kernel to be built with the new tools
But in this case it was a useless step, thanks.

Riccardo