Re: 8 port HBA recommendations for ZFS on NetBSD

> On Dec 5, 2019, at 4:26 AM, David Brownlee <abs%absd.org@localhost> wrote:
>
> In the LSI/mfii arena:
>
> The 3008 based LSI cards (LSI 9340-8i or IBM M1215) seem quite nice,
> though I'd probably need a cable adaptor for the ports. Or I could
> step back to a 2008 card like the LSI SAS 9211-8i and not worry about
> cables.
>
> Does anyone know if NetBSD supports 2308 based cards like the LSI SAS
> 9207-8i - that seems to be the best option still keeping a SFF-8087
> connector.

The "mpii" driver appears so, but I have no first-hand experience.  These cards seem to be plentiful on eBay (e.g. HP H220).

> Alternatively maybe something non LSI based?

There's this:

    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1078827089.html

...which uses a Marvell part (maybe supported by mvsata?).

-- thorpej