Re: xfwm4 crashes on NetBSD 9.99.17 (was "Re: firefox dumping core after NetBSD upgrade")

On Tue, 2019-10-29 at 10:38 +0000, Chavdar Ivanov wrote:
> I've tested xfce4 - a few days old build from -current pkgsrc - now on
> real hardware with functional dri2. I get the same as with the
> VirtualBox client - I have to disable compositing to get xfwm4
> working. At the same time glmark2 returns the usual or close to
> results.

What do you find if you disable compositing to get Xfce to start, and
then enable it once xfwm4 is running successfully? I find that seems to
work. So it fails some sort of initial probing, but then is able to
activate the feature later, anyway. (As if there are two different code
paths for this, or something is getting corrupted in memory during
start up, but that isn't happening later on. I haven't had a chance to
look at it in gdb again, yet.)

> The other thing is - firefox used to be able to run WebGL under
> -current a few months ago; now it reports that the system does not
> support it. With overnight built firefox 70.0 I now get a core every
> time I start it up, but then it works fine. The trace is again:
> (gdb) bt
> #0  0x00007ced69a09a41 in pthread_mutex_lock () from
> /usr/lib/libpthread.so.1
> #1  0x00007ced4881c42c in _mesa_error () from
> /usr/X11R7/lib/modules/dri/swrast_dri.so
> #2  0x00007ced48836816 in _mesa_GetString () from
> /usr/X11R7/lib/modules/dri/swrast_dri.so
> #3  0x00007ced581475d3 in ?? () from /usr/pkg/lib/firefox/libxul.so
>
> Now it seems only epiphany can run WebGL (but has some other problems,
> e.g. can't quit from the gui if WebGL was running).

Yes, I've found the same thing. I was confused when video streaming
suddenly stopped working for me, and then I saw Firefox was logging that
it had "exhaused GL driver options", for a site that worked a month or
so ago. (I imagine 9-BETA may still work, but I don't have anything
running it at present.)

Regards,

Dave