Re: xfwm4 crashes on NetBSD 9.99.17 (was "Re: firefox dumping core after NetBSD upgrade")

"David H. Gutteridge" <david%gutteridge.ca@localhost> wrote:
>On Wed, 2019-10-16 at 12:10 +0100, Chavdar Ivanov wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Oct 2019 at 11:03, David H. Gutteridge <david%gutteridge.ca@localhost
> > wrote:
>
> > FWIW, aside from Firefox (where I also see this issue), I've found
> > since the recent Mesa upgrade, Xfce4's window manager consistently
> > crashes during startup. These's a correlation with Firefox in the
> > backtrace:
> >
> > #3  0x000079f26fa5e256 in _mesa_GetString (name=7937) at
> > /usr/xsrc/external/mit/MesaLib/dist/src/mesa/main/getstring.c:124
> >         ctx = 0x79f288ae5898
> >         vendor = 0x79f271833414 "Brian Paul"
> >         renderer = 0x79f2718214ab "Mesa"
> > #4  0x000000000041b1b5 in ?? ()
> > No symbol table info available.
> > #5  0x0000000000442bb8 in ?? ()
> > No symbol table info available.
> > [...]

If you still have the core dump for this, or can generate another, it
could be helpful to examine the ctx variable in _mesa_GetString() using
gdb.

If it is like firefox then I think you will find that not all of the
structure is in mapped memory.

Can only think of two ways this could happen, either the ctx pointer
itself is garbage or the size given to calloc() to allocate the context
was too small. Have been trying to work out where this gets allocated
but not found it yet.

I have got some patches to firefox that let me display Google Maps but
they basically just disable the use of OpenGL.