Re: kern/54289 hosed my RAID. Recovery possible?

jdbaker%consolidated.net@localhost writes:

>Is there any way to unmark them so the raid will configure and recover?
>Normally 'raidctl -C' is used during first time configuration. Could it
>be used to force configuration, ignoring the FAILED status?  Would the
>RAID
>be recoverable with parity rebuild afterwards?

raidctl(8) documents that you need to use -C to manually configure the RAID
_without_ the component that failed first (named as "absent" in the config).
Then initialize the RAID set with -I to force consistent labels and finally
add the absent disk with -a and recover with -F.

Never tried this.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost