Re: USB tethering setup

On 26/06/2019 09:56, Thomas Mueller wrote:
I couldn't find any documentation for USB tethering; I looked in the NetBSD Guide online.

What is there for NetBSD?  FreeBSD would create a device ue0.  "man urndis" doesn't show enough.

Would I just "ifconfig urndis0 ..." as if it were Ethernet?  Or "dhcpcd urndis0"?

I've used this with Android, and what you're saying is basically it - you only need to connect the cable, set up tethering on the phone, and run "dhcpcd urndis0" and it Just Works (TM) - for me, anyway.

best,

  Jaap

--
"And without hate, how am I to know the exquisite sensation of mild annoyance?"