Re: current - still problems with X11 and intel video

Thanks Matthew, this was helpful.

On 6/25/19, 7:10 AM, "matthew green" <current-users-owner%NetBSD.org@localhost on behalf of mrg%eterna.com.au@localhost> wrote:

    Riccardo Mottola writes:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I just upgraded all kernel and userland, it took some time because of
    > the long buiild [*]
    [ .. ]
    > [*] what option to avoid building whole llvm again? I think it is not
    > needed for the intel driver, right? I remember some discussion to skip
    > that part

    two things to try:  use UXA instead of SNA.  just this
    in xorg.conf is all you need (or similar):

       Section "Device"
         Identifier "Card0"
         Driver     "intel"
         Option     "AccelMethod" "UXA"
       EndSection

    alternatively, downgrade the driver.

    if you cleandir and rebuild in
    src/external/mit/xorg/server/drivers/xf86-video-intel
    with 'nbmake-amd64 INTEL_DRIVER_DATE=2014', and
    install that.

    .mrg.