current - still problems with X11 and intel video

Hi,

I just upgraded all kernel and userland, it took some time because of the long buiild [*]

So I am running now:

NetBSD disc 8.99.47 NetBSD 8.99.47 (HP620) #4: Sat Jun 22 15:42:42 CEST 2019  amd64

The system itself works fine, console looks fine too, but X11 behaves strangely. I do not use xdm: I start console and run "startx" and windowmaker starts automatically, nothing else.

I notice that the screen has really strange issues: the cursor is not seen or there are large parts of the screen whjich move (like a super-big CRM moving?), entire parts black, windows popping out in the wrong place However, details like the WindowMaker menu show up in random places. One can with difficulty select menus, although with glitches.
If I exit and start again, IO see similar, but different issues.

However if I manage to start xterm (from the icon), it looks fine, then I "xrefresh" and the errors disappear, even when working on WindowMaker they don't come back. It looks as there is osme initialization issue that goes away.

I can make some fotos, if you want or give further details.

and, as always, I get:

[    16.102165] kern error: [drm:(/usr/src/sys/external/bsd/drm2/dist/drm/i915/intel_fifo_underrun.c:363)intel_cpu_fifo_underrun_irq_handler] *ERROR* CPU pipe A FIFO underrun

When X goes crazy I get the console flooded with

[  7157.052902] 00014158 :  00000720
[  7157.052902] 0001415c :  00000000
[  7157.052902] 00014160 :  00000720
[  7157.052902] 00014164 :  00000000
[  7157.052902] 00014168 :  00000720
[  7157.052902] 0001416c :  00000000
[  7157.052902] 00014170 :  00000720
[  7157.052902] 00014174 :  00000000
[  7157.052902] 00014178 :  00000720
[  7157.052902] 0001417c :  00000000
[  7157.052902] 00014180 :  00000720
[  7157.052902] 00014184 :  00000000
[  7157.052902] 00014188 :  00000720
[  7157.052902] 0001418c :  00000000
[  7157.052902] 00014190 :  00000720
[  7157.052902] 00014194 :  00000000
[  7157.052902] 00014198 :  00000720
[  7157.052902] 0001419c :  00000000
[  7157.052902] 000141a0 :  00000720
[  7157.052902] 000141a4 :  00000000
[  7157.052902] 000141a8 :  00000720
[  7157.052902] 000141ac :  00000000
[  7157.052902] 000141b0 :  00000720
[  7157.052902] 000141b4 :  00000000
[  7157.052902] 000141b8 :  00000720
[  7157.052902] 000141bc :  00000000
[  7157.052902] 000141c0 :  00000720
[  7157.052902] 000141c4 :  00000000
[  7157.052902] 000141c8 :  00000720
[  7157.052902] 000141cc :  00000000
[  7157.052902] 000141d0 :  00000720
[  7157.052902] 000141d4 :  00000000
[  7157.052902] 000141d8 :  00000720
[  7157.052902] 000141dc :  00000000
[  7157.052902] 000141e0 :  00000720

Riccardo

[*] what option to avoid building whole llvm again? I think it is not needed for the intel driver, right? I remember some discussion to skip that part