re: What to do with base X11 for netbsd-9 ?

> matthew green <mrg%eterna.com.au@localhost> hat am 4. Juni 2019 um 07:19 geschrieben:
>

> unfortunately, you need the as-yet non-functional amdgpu driver
> i believe:
>
> [  1594.209] (--) RADEON(0): Chipset: "OLAND" (ChipID =3D 0x6613)
>
> means a GCN v1.  radeon supports this minimally, but the GL does
> not.
>

> .mrg.

afaik those GCN v1 chips are supported by radeon and have experimental
support via amdgpu.

It fails with glamor xorg disabled llvmpipe, some quick search hint in
the direction of mesa build options.

The same hardware works under Linux with both drivers accelerated.

The kernel driver loads the OLAND_mc2.bin firmware but fails to load
TAHITI_vce.bin (I guess it's for video decoding) which is missing from
the filesystem maybe that's causing some hickup.

Lars