Re: What to do with base X11 for netbsd-9 ?

On Thu, 30 May 2019, maya%netbsd.org@localhost wrote:

> GPUs have special routines for 'put this image on top of another
> surface', and they're used for fonts.
>
> xf86-video-vesa doesn't, it's doing things in an inefficient way in
> software, but it probably allows for more checks about whether we're
> still inside the surface boundaries.

OK, but I'm talking about xf86-video-intel, which is the driver this
machine uses even though it has never had any kind of DRM support.
So when running 'xdm', the i82810e is getting it right and the others
(other intel, radeon, nouveau) are not?

|\ / jdbaker[snail]consolidated[flyspeck]net  OpenBSD            FreeBSD