Re: Funky Display Output

Update:
Using "modesetting" did clear up the issue.
Keeping the Driver as "intel" and setting "TearFree" to "true" with "AccelMethod" set to "sna" also worked.
Not sure how this email group looks on adding links to emails. I found some info on TearFree and sna on askubuntu and the Archlinux wiki.

Here's a good resource for explaining a little about TearFree and sna. (archlinux wiki, search intel_graphics#Tearing)