Re: mcelog?

On Mar 20,  2:12pm, Brian Buhrow wrote:
}
} 	hello.   Does the server on which you're running Xen have a BMC
} controller that keeps track of hardware conditions and the like?  If it
} does, then, if mcelog is too hard to port, you might be able to get the
} details you want from ipmitool through the BMC.

     This might be a useful approach.  Not sure why I didn't think
about it.  On that note, I really wish that our ipmi(4) was a lot
more useful (all it does is get info for envstat, it can't be used
to configure or talk to the BMC).

} 	To answer your question, it looks like mcelog has been ported to
} FreeBSD, with some limitations.  However, if I remember correctly, there
} needs to be some support in the kernel for trapping and logging the mce
} errors and I'm not sure the NetBSD kernel does that.

     I did note the presence of /dev/mcelog on Linux with nothing
that corresponds on NetBSD.  It is interesting that FreeBSD has
support and that might be a good place to start; however, porting
FreeBSD device drivers can be a lot of work.