Question about open ports

I'm using amd64 Current, (8.99.34), which I use as a desktop machine as well as an NFS file server.  When I scan the ports, I see the ones I expect, sun rpc, (111), and nfsd, (2049), but I also see 1021 - 1023 as listening ports.

When I look these up on IANA, they are mentioned as experimental.  I don't know what launches these listening ports, but I suspect nfs.  Can someone reassure me with their wisdom that these are necessary, or not.