Re: Install of 8.99.30 libcrypto.so.12 not found

Here is what I found and how I "solved" my missing lib issue.
If during the installation process you select the option to install pkgin, pkgin does get installed; however, when it tries to pull pkg_summary.tgz it fails with the now infamous '/usr/pkg/bin/pkgin: Shared object "libcrypto.so.12" not found error message.' On my second attempt to install I skipped that step. Once I logged in as root I was able to ftp base.tgz and pkg_summary.tgz. As a side note, I had to use ftp since wget, curl and fetch all depend on libcrypto.so.12. I knew to grab those files based on Manuel Bouyer's timely respond to my first "cry for help." I unpacked both files. Since I am nigh unto a noob I searched the pkg_summary in order to find where libcrypto.so.12 should live. BTW, the other missing lib file was libssl.so.12. Here is what I did:

$ cat pkg_summary| grep -i requires | grep libcrypto.so.12 | sort -u
REQUIRES=/usr/lib/libcrypto.so.12

$ cat pkg_summary| grep -i requires | grep libssl.so.12 | sort -u
REQUIRES=/usr/lib/libssl.so.12

I already unpacked base.tgz, so I simply copied usr/lib/libcrypto.so.12 to / usr/lib/libcrypto.so.12. BAM! My world just got a little brighter!
Now I can continue building my NetBSD desktop.