Curl, fetch, wget Shared object "libssl.so.12" not found

I installed curl, fetch and wget using pkg_add, since pkgin is missing libcrypto.so.12, but when I try to use any of those I get this error:
Shared object "libssl.so.12" not found

$ uname -a
NetBSD clement.ronverbs.dev 8.99.30 NetBSD 8.99.30 (GENERIC) #0: Tue Jan 15 01:23:49 UTC 2019  mkrepro%mkrepro.NetBSD.org@localhost:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC amd64

At the risk of sounding ignorant (see tag line) I am using ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/amd64/8.0/All since ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/amd64/8.99/All does not exist. Is that alright?

Ron Georgia
“90% of my problems are due to ignorance, the other 10% is because I just don’t know any better.”