Re: ./build.sh -k feature request (was Re: GENERIC Kernel Build errors with -fsanitize=undefined option enabled)

On 25.06.2018 22:33, Reinoud Zandijk wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 10:29:30PM +0200, Kamil Rytarowski wrote:
>> I'm usually going the other direction. If I hit a problem and an issue
>> is not visible from a multi-job build (multiple processes print onto the
>> same screen concurrently), I go for -j1. If this is still no enough I
>> change the verbosity level and check commands that caused a problem.
>>
>> The -k option wouldn't not help me.
>>
>> On the other hand, can you just specify -V MAKEFLAGS="-k" in your local
>> build?
>>

> AFAIK, the MAKEFLAGS are cleared on start; I remember me having tried
> something like this before.
>
> Well, it can also help to just do everything with say -k -j10 and inspect all
> failures again with the -k -j1

I propose to ensure that MAKEFLAGS is possible to be set from a command
line, from the ./build.sh command line using -V.

The build process has various stages and after a single failure there
can be false positives in next reports. I wouldn't use it personally.