Re: ./build.sh -k feature request (was Re: GENERIC Kernel Build errors with -fsanitize=undefined option enabled)

On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 10:29:30PM +0200, Kamil Rytarowski wrote:
> I'm usually going the other direction. If I hit a problem and an issue
> is not visible from a multi-job build (multiple processes print onto the
> same screen concurrently), I go for -j1. If this is still no enough I
> change the verbosity level and check commands that caused a problem.
>
> The -k option wouldn't not help me.
>
> On the other hand, can you just specify -V MAKEFLAGS="-k" in your local
> build?

AFAIK, the MAKEFLAGS are cleared on start; I remember me having tried
something like this before.

Well, it can also help to just do everything with say -k -j10 and inspect all
failures again with the -k -j1

Reinoud