Re: netboot ThinkPad T42 stuck setting tty flags?

Lately, when I netboot my ThinkPad T42 with -current (8.99.19), it seems
to get stuck right after the rc scripts print:

  Setting tty flags.

So far, the only way to recover from this is to drop into DDB with
Ctrl-Alt-Esc.

If I boot single-user and simply exit the single-user shell, multi-user
boot completes (does not get stuck).

I have other i386 boxes I routinely netboot with -current and they do
not have any trouble.  I used not to have any problem netbooting the
T42 with -current either, but that's been quite a while ago since I
tried.

If I boot the T42 from a USB flash drive with -current on it, there is
no problem.  I can netboot the T42 with NetBSD-8_RC1 with no problem.

I'll see about digging out a port replicator so I can have a serial
console to copy/paste relevant bits of data.  That is, if switching
to serial console doesn't mask the problem.