[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
Re: gdb build failure in current with readonly source directory
Date: Wed, 16 May 2018 22:12:43 +0000 (UTC)
From: christos%astron.com@localhost (Christos Zoulas)
| Perhaps you have stale dependencies?
Perhaps, I blew away the libgdb obj dir (where the file with the problem
was being built) and that made no difference - then I blew away the whole
gdb obj directory, and that seems to have fixed it, so thanks.
I didn't include any info other than the build output, but I should have said
that my last build was just a few days ago (well, maybe 5 ...) and that one was
clean (no issues).
I am also not sure it was obvious from the few lines I sent, but I think it was
making the dependencies (.d files) when it failed (it wasn't during the compile
phase) - which makes sense, to get deps from a .y the .c needs to be built
first, when the compile happens, the .c is already there to use.
If building the dependencies depends upon earlier dependencies, I think we
have a problem.
But thanks, my build has gone past there now...
Main Index |
Thread Index |