Re: Subtle memory issue?

I was using gdb to debug a program on Linux and saw something similar.  The program has a large dynamically allocated data section.  What I discovered is there’s some internal buffer or storage constraint in gdb of about 350k.  My program has about 380K of data and with gdb running I was getting random SEGFAULTs accessing data elements even it there were no watches placed on them.  Reducing my data section size eliminated the problem.

Not sure if that’s what you’re seeing.  I wasn’t able to find any documentation on gdb that described this limit or how to get around it though.  The only clue I got was one time I saw an error in gdb that indicated the access it was trying to do was outside this 350K limit.