Re: Autoexpand of root file system after image copy - need something better

Seems like a simple solution would be to expand it to the size of the
partition, or if there's no partition maybe ask.  So you use your
fdisk or gparted or whatever first if you know you want other things
in part of the space.  Then have the expansion respect the partition
size.  OpenBSD setup asks early on if you want to use the whole medium
space.  Same idea, this is when creating a disklabel I think.  It also
simplifies replacing the contents of a partition with part of another
operation system for instance.

--
No, I won't  call it "climate change", do you have a "reality problem"? - AB1JX