Re: Error/warning message from rc.d/npf

Paul Goyette <paul%whooppee.com@localhost> writes:

> See PR kern/51818 for more details - it seems that the second
> "element" in $ext_if is ignored, and the ruleset is applied only to
> the first "element".

I'm guessing tun0 doesn't exist at the time npf is loaded, and a
workaround would be to reload it after starting the process that creates
that interface.

I don't know what npf does (or what I think it should do, for that
matter) when interfaces that are mentioned in the configuration file,
but do not exist at startup, later get created.  Some such interfaces
may be locked to a particular purpose every time, while others may get
created and destroyed from time to time, but for different purposes at
different times.

-tih
--
Most people who graduate with CS degrees don't understand the significance
of Lisp.  Lisp is the most important idea in computer science.  --Alan Kay