Re: update on reproducible builds

On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 12:19:51PM +0100, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> This was already possible before -- you set MKREPRO=yes and
> MKREPRO_TIMESTAMP to the seconds-since-epoch of that timestamp.

I fully fail to understand

 (a) the desire to keep the timestamps all identical (but that is
     more a matter of taste or something)

 (b) why we need special cvs hacks to get this when the build cluster
     already knows the cvs date stamp (and uses it apparently, as it is
     in the uname of the crated kernels already)

Martin