Re: strange observations on network configuration (ifconfig&routing)

On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 5:22 PM, Frank Kardel <kardel%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I did try that efore an verified it again. Now routed attempts to install a
> local route
> for the lo0 interface and fill the log with the EEXIST messages.
>
> That's why I went for LLDATA in order to avoid to analyse routed's inner
> workings completely.

RTF_LLDATA is introduced for userland programs to get L2 routes
(ARP/NDP caches), so we don't use it for this case.

> Maybe we need a different test for ignoring kernel routing messages.

Yes. I'll investigate more though, prepared another patch:
  http://www.netbsd.org/~ozaki-r/fix-routed2.diff

It mimics checks to ignore RTF_STATIC routes. It works for me.

Thanks,
  ozaki-r