Re: bind -> unbound/nsd

On Sun, Aug 28, 2016 at 06:24:41AM +0000, David Holland wrote:

> So for what it's worth: I don't see any need to have a DNS server in
> base. It may be traditional, but few people use it; the landscape's

As a guy who spent the best part of a decade building embedded products
out of NetBSD: I'll believe all this "you can just add a package" stuff
when all this stuff I should supposedly be able to use from pkgsrc
cross-compiles as cleanly as our base system does.

I had to integrate *PHP* to our "base system" build.  That sucked,
but it sucked a lot less than the logistical and non-reproducibility
issues which stemmed from building parts of our product outside the
wonderful, clean, cross-compile-from-anywhere-to-anywhere NetBSD
system build.

Thor