Re: repeated failure to properly shutdown

On Sat 23 Jul 2016 at 04:38:42 +0700, Robert Elz wrote:
> That /dev/null turned into a regular file is another bug - it is being
> created before the tmpfs /dev is made, I have seen that before as well,
> but just corrected and ignored the problem until now.

Similarly, I noticed that if /var is a tmpfs (or any initially empty
directory really), then /etc/rc.d/mountcritlocal fails because it wants
to cd to /var/run and that has not been created (if that ever happens).

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- Wayland: Those who don't understand X
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl    -- are condemned to reinvent it. Poorly.