Re: Crash on -current amd64

Le 04/07/2016 à 08:51, Martin Husemann a écrit :
On Mon, Jul 04, 2016 at 09:53:21AM +0800, Paul Goyette wrote:
vapnic + 0x140
cd_play_msf +0x0
kauth_cred_geteuid + 0x50

There is something wrong here: kauth_cred_geteuid can't ever call cd_play_msf.

Maybe a bogus module loader fixup? Module VA position too far away from main
kernel?

Martin

I didn't touch anything that is module-related. Most of my recent changes
aren't even functional changes. If I did indeed introduce a bug, it must be
here [1], but I don't see how this would be module-related, since this is
dead code.

Just for the record: the bootstrap locore, amd64 machdep and x86 pmap areas
are completely undocumented, and often impossible to understand. You basically
have no idea what is going to happen if you simply move one thing around,
unless you start doing some unholy debugging with a lot of hacks everywhere,
like I do.

[1] http://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2016/07/01/msg075754.html