Crash on -current amd64

I just build a new kernel from current sources (updated just a couple of hours ago), and got the following crash during system boot:

panic: kernel diagnostic assertion "cred != NULL" failed: file "..../kern/kern_auth.c", line 266

traceback:

vapnic + 0x140
cd_play_msf +0x0
kauth_cred_geteuid + 0x50
genfs_can_access + 0x28
ufs_access + 0x93
exec_elf64_makecmds + 0x57b
check_exec + 0x3b1
execve_loadvm + 0x247
execve1 + 0x28
start_init + 0x273

Granted, my system is somewhat unusual. In particular, the exec_elf64 module is NOT included in the kernel, rather it is auto-loaded when it is first needed (ie, when running /sbin/init). But this set-up has been working for years without issue.

Has anything changed recently in this area?

Also note that forcing the bootloader to pre-load the coredump and exec_elf64 modules doesn't help - the identical panic occurs.

| Paul Goyette     | PGP Key fingerprint:     | E-mail addresses:      |
| (Retired)        | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com   |
| Kernel Developer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette at netbsd.org |