Re: umass problem with xhci (USB 3)

On Sat, 4 Jun 2016, Takahiro Hayashi wrote:

<snip>

but every device I plug in, regardless of USB connector, gets attached to uhub0 (the one for xHCI)! So I cannot get the external drive to work by connecting to a USB2 port.

Any suggestions?

To avoid the problem, please add "userconf=disable xhci*" to /boot.cfg.

The xhci driver tries to route all USB ports (even 2.0) to xhci
as possible if it's Intel PCH. (see sys/dev/pci/xhci_pci.c)
You can see some information about port routing by booting kernel -x.

This doesn't seem to be such a good idea! If I add the userconf command, then none of my USB devices works, not even the keyboard and mouse! (Please don't ask for a dmesg, I have no working keyboard to type the dmesg command!)

For now, I guess I will have to disable USB3 in the BIOS settings.

| Paul Goyette     | PGP Key fingerprint:     | E-mail addresses:      |
| (Retired)        | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com   |
| Kernel Developer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette at netbsd.org |